Efile was rejected and we can't find the SSA 1099 ...

bonnieorpaul

Efile was rejected and we can't find the SSA 1099 of recently deceased wife. How can we file an extension?

The Social Security office insists on an in-person request to get the SSA 1099 reprinted. Social Security offices are closed due to the pandemic. It will take several days (or weeks) by post office mail to negotiate getting the SSA 1099. So, I need an extension.

Go to this TurboTax website to e-file a federal extension request - https://turbotax.intuit.com/irs-tax-extensions/

bonnieorpaul

That seems to start the process over. I've already entered all the information and tried to e-file my 1040 and it was rejected. I need an extension on that tax return until I can convince the Social Security office to reprint me deceased wife's 1099.