turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E filing is taking over 30 min on "preparing" and it says "you cannot cancel once Transmission has begun." What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jbeasley2

E filing is taking over 30 min on "preparing" and it says "you cannot cancel once Transmission has begun." What do I do?

If your page in TurboTax Online is stuck while transmitting and you have to close out, you can then go check the status of your return to see if it did go through. You can check your e-file status by logging back into your return in TurboTax, or you can go online and check it here e-file status lookup tool

If your return did not transmit, then you can go back through the file section of TurboTax and submit again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jbeasley2

If your page in TurboTax Online is stuck while transmitting and you have to close out, you can then go check the status of your return to see if it did go through. You can check your e-file status by logging back into your return in TurboTax, or you can go online and check it here e-file status lookup tool

If your return did not transmit, then you can go back through the file section of TurboTax and submit again.

GLToman
Returning Member

I just encountered this issue in the 2020 app. I just had to quit the app and install an update! The e-filing took just seconds after I did that.

I left mine spinning on "preparing" all night and it's still spinning, 12 hours later!!! Should I keep waiting?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Which version of TurboTax are you using?

@ing-matthews2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies