Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

abrellw

During the process of completing my federal taxes it shows my progress and says VA refund shows a amount and then federal why?

It's showing my refund amount split into two during filing federal 
but only shows the amount for federal
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

During the process of completing my federal taxes it shows my progress and says VA refund shows a amount and then federal why?

The “summary” given to you by TurboTax must have confused you.  That summary just nets out the difference between a refund you are getting and an amount you owe.   Or it adds two refunds or tax “due” amounts together.

Your federal refund is shown on line 35a of your federal Form 1040.   If you are getting a state refund it is on the state form.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/can-i-print-a-copy-of-my-turbotax-online-return-befo...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
abrellw

For example for the federal  it shows : refund in progress

Federal refund. 10,000

Va refund .10,000

Then when I completed it then paid it says your refund 

20,000 then i went back and it only shows the amount for  federal 

Have you looked at your actual tax forms?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies