Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tawillia6

Download: Turbo Tax Deluxe

I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe on 3/10 and have yet been able to successfully download and use the software even after speaking with a representative who took me through a variety of potential solutions. I installed TurboTax Basic to complete my mother's taxes and purchased the Deluxe version for myself. Though I was able to successfully download and file my mother's taxes, when I attempted to download the Deluxe version, it consistently opened TurboTax Basic. I was unable to upgrade. I was unable to uninstall and reinstall. I paid $84.40 for the Deluxe version and have not been able to use it. I tried on both Chrome and Firefox.  Nothing works. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

All the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions, Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business all have the same forms, schedules and worksheets.  

Each edition comes with 5 free federal e-files.

You can use the Basic edition to complete and file your federal tax return.  Just click on File at the top left of the desktop program screen and then click on New Tax Return.  If you need to also file a state tax return, there is a $45 charge for the state program when using the Basic edition.  There is a state e-file fee of $25 when using the desktop editions.  This fee can be avoided by printing and mailing the state return.

Since you do not need the Deluxe edition request a refund.

Use this TurboTax website to request a refund - https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oirr

Use this TurboTax website to look up a charge - https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oicl

Here's how to activate a different version.  There is a way to have 2 licenses. Under Help - Switch Product - Activate new product.  Don't know what that will do or what benefit you will get.  Don't think it will allow you to efile more than 5.  

But you only needed to buy 1 version.  The Desktop program can do unlimited returns and efile 5 for free.  And All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies