turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

c_edens

Is there are fix for "(Error Code : FW2-502, Form W-2, Employer Identification Number)". I am DESPERATLY trying to fix my rejected tax return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Is there are fix for "(Error Code : FW2-502, Form W-2, Employer Identification Number)". I am DESPERATLY trying to fix my rejected tax return.

c_edens

I KNOW how to fix the EIN issue. The problem is, the website will not allow me to, hence my posting of the Error Code. Someone that knows what they are doing please help me.....

Are you not able to log into the unfiled return ?  Can you not edit the W-2 that needs fixing ? Where are you stuck ?
c_edens

I am getting the Error Code provided in my initial post when I click “No” after reviewing which EIN’s are correct and which one isn’t. When I click “No”, it should give me the option(s) to edit, but it doesn’t and that’s where the whole thing stops. It seems to be a glitch within the webpage.

Don't try to correct the error.    Navigate to the W-2 section and edit the W-2 then correct the EIN on the W-2 entry itself.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

When you find the W-2 with the error you may delete the form and reenter it again manually to make sure the error is fixed.
kjg1234
Returning Member

code fw2502

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies