abajetta2

Doing my 1099-r forms and it is asking for my bank name to import info and tracking ID. Why does it need my bank for this and what is the tracking ID?

SteamTrain

Ignore that top box entirely....(If you don't want to attempt to import it...none of my 1099-R forms are allowed to be imported anyhow)

..go down to the lower-rt corner and select.

"I'll type it in myself"

Then enter the data manually frlm your paper copy.  

IF your paper copy has a lot of zeroes on it, just leave those boxes blank on the software form.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*