jordanpeeno1

Does turbo tax not handle school district taxes, and if so, why am I being told I haven’t paid school taxes when I’ve handled everything through turbo tax?

I’ve handled all of my tax information and included all needed information like where I live, but the city claims I have not done so.

TurboTax (TT) does not automatically prepare a School District return, you must initiate it. 
At the screen, in the Ohio program, titled  "A few things before we wrap up your state taxes"
      scroll down to School District taxes. 
Or later at the screen  "Your 2020 Ohio Taxes are ready for us to check"
    -Click Other situations
    -Scroll down to School District taxes. 

If you don't have a form SD100, on your list of Ohio forms, you didn't file one.

At this point, you may actually find it easier to do an SDIT return by hand, than in TT.  

Hal_Al

What state are you in?

If Ohio, city income tax and school  district income tax  are two different things.  Not everybody in Ohio is subject to them.  As such, TurboTax (TT) does not automatically prepare a School District  or city return, you must initiate it.

scroll down to School District taxes or Ohio City taxes. 
    -Click Other situations
    -Scroll down to School District taxes or 

-Ohio City taxes. 

235 cities and 331 villages in Ohio have an income tax, including Columbus, Toledo, Cincinnati, and Cleveland.  

There are 2 state wide agencies that help Ohio Cities collect City Income taxes. One is CCA (Central Collection Agency) and the other, larger one, is RITA (Regional Income Tax Agency). There is a pull down list of cities, in Turbo Tax(TT), for both City Tax Forms (CCA) & RITA. TurboTax can only do RITA & CCA cities.  But many  Ohio cities use neither agency. These cities design their own forms and require you to use them.  You can get paper copies from the individual city. Most are available at the city’s web site. Many cities will prepare the tax return for you, but you have to go to city hall in person. Some may have on line filing (try the city web site). Although they won't usually admit it, some will even accept CCA forms. So you could try filling out a CCA form on TurboTax and mailing it to your city. But, I actually find it easier to fill out a city return by hand or at the city, CCA or RITA web site, than to use TT. Things don't happen automatically and you need to know what you’re doing. The actual  city forms are easier to follow than the TT interview.

TT cannot e-file an Ohio City or RITA return. It must be printed and mailed.  If you don't remember mailing one, you didn't file one.  If you did file, the city form (RITA 37 or CCA "City Tax Form") will be on your list of Ohio forms.