Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jfboy1963

Does Turbo Tax deluxe include state taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

State is a separate charge  in all Online versions.  So no, not for free.  You can do state but you have to pay for state.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

State is a separate charge  in all Online versions.  So no, not for free.  You can do state but you have to pay for state.
jfboy1963

Thank You
gp3008

This seems like false advertising and next year I will use something else.

The Desktop CD/Download program Deluxe and above does come with a state program to prepare unlimited state returns which you can print and mail for free.  So check into the Desktop programs.  There are several other advantages Desktop over Online
gp3008

My 2016 Turbo tax Deluxe that I downloaded from Amazon will not let me start the State return- to continue it sends me to a site where It requires me to pay 39.99 to do my state

Did you buy the Deluxe version that does not include the state?  Deluxe comes in 2 versions.  One with state and Deluxe without state for states that don't have an income tax.  Check your order receipt/invoice.  It should say Federal + State

Here are the 2 Deluxe on Amazon
T-rex Tax

this is scam you pay one price then$40 for deluxe and then have to pay extra $44 to do state online. They will probably charge to file state online. With the time spent to do taxes, next time I'm going to pay someone to do my taxes or  purchase from a more upfront company. I have used turbotax for the last 4 years. Normally I buy a CD and I'm still always surprised at the extra hidden cost. This time I purchased the online version and realized state wasn't included. I'm so pissed right now. I hate when companies are shady and try to sneak little extra charges in here and there. 

Did you use the Online version this year?  Or buy the Desktop download program?  Yes the Online version is totally different than the Desktop program and is priced differently and doesn't have a lot of the features and advantages like the Desktop program.  If you used the Desktop program before you probably won't like the Online version.  You can only do 1 return and it doesn't have the Forms Mode.  

Were you able to transfer from 2018 on your computer into Online?

I have the desktop deluxe version and they want to charge me for the state download.

I had but had to uninstall TT and reinstall it because it was freezing up on me 3 times and I have to get work done.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Our customer service agents can assist you with re-downloading your state software in most cases.  You can contact them using this form:  Contact TurboTax.  

To assist with this, personal information is required that we cannot collect in this public forum.  

@MichaelDMiller

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies