Does turbo tax deluxe edition include state? I completed state and federal returns and it is charging me $60 for deluxe edition and $40 for state.

1 free state return is included in Turbo Tax Deluxe

Some Deluxe editions include State returns and some don't!! Pay attention to what you're buying if you want the one State edition included.

can i fill out a state tax return if the cd does not include a state tax return

Here is how to get a state return in the Desktop program:

1. With your return open in TurboTax, choose Download State from the Online menu near the top.
  2. Save your return when prompted.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to purchase (if necessary), download, and install your state.
  4. Repeat for additional state programs. When you finish with your federal return and move on to the State tab, you'll see the state(s) you installed.

Instructions