Youoweme2

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

My 2019 Tax Return PDF file was saved on my computer and available in July. Now it is missing. How can I retrieve it?

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

@Youoweme2 wrote:

I use the Desktop CD/Program download. I checked the Recycle Bin and files were not there.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions on a Windows based personal computer, any tax data files and saved PDF's are by default saved in the Documents directory and in the TurboTax folder.

Open the TurboTax folder - What files are in the folder?

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

TurboTax keeps all online tax returns for the current year and the past 7 years, the same number of years as the IRS.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Youoweme2

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

Thanks DoninGA,

I am really concern on how and why the PDF file was removed from my computer Turbo Tax folder?

macuser_22

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

A TurboTax PDF file is no different than any other PDF file and it cannot delete itself.

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

Are you using the Online browser version or the Desktop CD/Download program?  On Windows or Mac?  Did you search your whole computer for it?  Check the Trash or Recycle Bin?  Do you use Drop Box or One Drive?

Youoweme2

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

@Youoweme2 wrote:

Youoweme2

Does Turbo Tax delete your PDF files?

My Turbo Tax file include all previous returns except 2017, 2018 & 2019.