Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does my spouses income get included if filing jointly?

if you file jointly where does the other income get input?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

You enter your spouse's income in the same section as you entered your income.  When you are filing jointly, on every TurboTax section for income there will be selections for you to indicate, by name, who the income or form belongs to.

When you file a joint return ALL of the combined income from both spouses goes on that same tax return.  Each income screen should have a spot or ask by name who the income is for.  Enter the income under the spouse that received it.   For example---click Add W-2---it should ask by name who the W-2 is for---your name or your spouse's name.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes, you will add W2's for you and for your spouse. So you will have at least two W2s. That is how the income for both of you comes in. And in the overall tax filing form it will appear as the addition of both incomes.

Yes you file all both income on the same tax return.  You enter your spouse's income the same way as yours.  When you start entering a W2 or 1099 it will ask who it belongs to.  Like for W2, after you enter one you add another.  Click on Add for "John" or Add for "Mary" at the bottom.  

Did you enter their name under My Info or Personal info when you entered your name and picked Married filing together?  

When you go through TurboTax, you will be asked questions about income, investments, expenses, etc. for both yourself and your spouse.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies