Solved: Does my 17 year old have to file taxes this year? He only started working at the end of November 2017.and only works after school for 3hrs and weekends

Does my 17 year old have to file taxes this year? He only started working at the end of November 2017.and only works after school for 3hrs and weekends

Your dependent is only required to file if he made more than $6350 however It is a good idea for him to file to get back any withheld taxes. Be sure that he selects that someone else can claim him as a dependent when completing his return.