kbernstein

Does a rejected federal efile count as one the 5 allowed efiles?

I am having a problem with Form 2210 and already have 3 rejected eFiles.  Do these count toward the 5 allowed?

Per a conversation last night with Robert at TurboTax Support, rejects do NOT count.  You can file up to 5 separate returns.

Rachel_W

No, rejected federal e-files do not count as on the 5 allowed e-files.  As you stated above, with the TurboTax Home & Biz package, you can file up to 5 separate returns.  When a return rejects and you resend it (even multiple times), this still only counts as one of your allowed five returns.

Rachel_W

Agent7491527

Some people can re-efile a rejected return 10 times, some people can re-efile a rejected return 3 times, some more some less.  A rejected Tax Return can only be re-efiled as many times as the IRS will allow.  At the point customer receives a message that they can no longer efile or their number of times limit has been reached, then the customer must mail their return.  At this point the company is no longer liable for efiling rejected returns. 

mariecu1

What if I e-filed a return and it was rejected and instead of e-filling it again I mailed my return. Does that count as one e-filed or do I still have five to use?

Cynthiad66

Mailed return does not count as an e-file.

DSK22

Why should it count if it was rejected. The AGI does not match last years because the federal govt. did not process last years return yet !? I have to mail so this return should not count as one of 5.

ALSO, the 5 rule is just plain stupid !  The feds can't process the papers due to COVID-19, yet they don't allow more than 5 per program.  I do a lot of free returns for relatives and friends, so they have to mail them.

This issue should be addressed by TurboTax. Every e-file I can't file costs TurboTax $25 !

ET1688

My e-file was rejected by IRS, I log in my file at Turbo tax to check my e-file status but Turbo tax  show no record that I have e-file, I submit the e-file again and get reject email from Turbo tax again.  I have repeated the same process few times and finally I figure out the reason for my reject and try to e-file again then I got message from Turbo tax that I have reach my maxmiun on 5 e-file and does not allow me to submit my e-file anymore.

Please advise what should I do now? 

DSK22

TurboTax will issue you another download, you may have to create another account with TurboTax, new user ID and password, but that should allow you to avoid the 5 federal e-file limit.

What's with the fed limiting it to 5, especially when they have no one to process paper returns !

Is there a professional tax preparer lobby donating to campaign's of polls !?

This is costing TurboTax the state e-file fees.

Someone needs to fix this !

elaine7381

Please advise how can get another download from Turbo tax?   I have paid $25 when I e-file my state tax return, if I sibmit my e-file again using the new download with new ID do I need to pay $25 again?

DSK22

TurboTax should issue you a credit for the one that did not get accepted, once the credit is received then use the second account and pay for the state E-file. That’s how it worked fit me. 
TurboTax was good with issuing the credit. 
you can apply for a credit on line and track it’s progress or call a TurboTax representative and they will help.