SamHouston76

Do i still need to sign and manually file form 1310 by mail if the e-filed return was accepted by the IRS?

It appears that Turbo Tax has allowed me to "sign" form 1310 using today's date.

There is no, and will be no, official court appointed rep.   I have death certificate and original will where I am named beneficiary.

so it appears to me that a manually signed form 1310 is not required under these circumstances?

KittyM

The 1310 is usually required to re-issue the refund in the name of the beneficiary, so you can cash the check. If the taxpayer's SSN was not "locked" yet and you can e-file, you should not need to send the paper form unless the IRS writes you for a copy or the check is issued in the wrong name.

My condolences on your loss.

KittyM

My condolences on your loss.