Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jagordner

Do I need to get a revised Health Coverage form if the employer pays entirely for the coverage but hasn't specified the amount paid on the form?

The software requests the amount paid to be greater than 0, however, the entire amount was paid by the employer.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Do I need to get a revised Health Coverage form if the employer pays entirely for the coverage but hasn't specified the amount paid on the form?

No, you don't need to get a revised form.

If y our employer is paying for your health insurance, then you must have either a 1095-B or a 1095-C.

Only form 1095-A must be reported in detail to the IRS. If you have one of the other forms, then all you need to tell TurboTax is what months you were covered by insurance. The cost of the private insurance is irrelevant when your employer pays it all.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

No, you don't need to get a revised form.

If y our employer is paying for your health insurance, then you must have either a 1095-B or a 1095-C.

Only form 1095-A must be reported in detail to the IRS. If you have one of the other forms, then all you need to tell TurboTax is what months you were covered by insurance. The cost of the private insurance is irrelevant when your employer pays it all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies