thekiki1

Do I need to file form 8938? I live in the US, but received $1100 from a company in Singapore for freelance work. Where do I report this income?

npierson7

You don't need to file Form 8938 unless  the market value of your foreign financial assets is greater than $50,000 on the last day of the year or greater than $75,000 at any time during the year. 

You can report your foreign income in TurboTax under the Personal Income tab. Scroll down to Less Common Income and elect to start/update Foreign Earned Income & Exclusion.

For any foreign taxes that were withheld or that you paid, that's entered under the Deductions & Credits tab. Scroll down to Estimates & Other Taxes Paid and elect to start/update Foreign Taxes.

thekiki1

Thank you!