annasofiamo

Do I need to enter any health insurance information on 2019 tax return? (Only have 1095-B)

I am aware that 1095-A forms, and not 1095-B, need to filed, but I also read that not entering any health insurance information can delay tax return. Can I leave the Medical section under Deductions and Credits blank if I don't have any medical expenses or 1095-A?

Kristyii

I can't answer your question, I'm not one of the tax experts but I am having an issue with having to pay back all the supplemental I got and they are saying that I can take it through a medical deduction and it must be 7.5% of AGI but Turbo tax is still taking the standard deduction. Where did you read about not reporting the 1095A will delay your tax return?

Thanks

CatinaT1

@annasofiamo - yes, just leave the medical section blank.

@Kristyii - I'm guessing your standard deduction is still larger than your itemized deductions.  You can not start to deduct medical expenses until they exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income.  If you do not report your 1095A and reconcile your Advanced Premium Tax Credit, your return will be delayed until you complete the Form 8962.