Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!

Do I have to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed to add small business expenses? It appears so, I don't see a way to move forward in that section without upgrading.

You shouldn't have to, there should be a choice on the bottom of the screen that says Do not upgrade.

ColeenD3

Yes, you will need to upgrade to Self-employed to enter your expenses. You are not required to upgrade, you can just enter your income and be done, but you will not be able to enter expenses unless you do so.

@logemanngregsue