Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

purrrdygurl
Returning Member

Did 2020 return but got held up with IDVerify, IRS doesn't show that we filed at all.

I am in an endless loop of a nightmare. I filed my 2020 returns through Credit Karma (an Intuit product) and rec'd the notifications that they had been accepted, both state and federal.  I rec'd a 5071C letter in August 2020.  I misunderstood what they wanted, so it sat for months.  I've gone to Credit Karma to get a copy of the return and am being directed to a page that is asking me to update our income!  That site was a dead end. 

I logged into IRS and according to them, we didn't even file a 2020 return.  The transmittal was blank. 

I screwed up and didn't print my returns for that year because I had a digital copy....until my computer was hacked.  I can't get into the IRS number listed on the 5071C, I keep getting a We are too busy with the high call volume message.  I can't get into the regular # for the IRS because I don't have my AGI nor the amount of the refund.  Should I just file it again?  If I do, they may want interest and penalties.  So much of a nightmare!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Did 2020 return but got held up with IDVerify, IRS doesn't show that we filed at all.

Did you follow the instructions in the 5071C letter? 

See https://www.jacksonhewitt.com/tax-help/irs/irs-audits-notices/irs-notice-5071c

purrrdygurl
Returning Member

I misunderstood the letter and thought someone had filed using our info.  I did recently get verified.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies