Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dependent money not received

While I filed I was informed that I would receive money for having two adult dependents. When I finished filing it said how much I was owed. It did not mention the money for my dependents. I never received the money.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

You do not receive money for having adult dependents.   If you could claim adult dependents you get the NON-refundable credit for other dependents of $500 for each adult dependent.  The credit is used toward your tax liability.  It is not added to your refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4499708-what-is-the-500-credit-for-other-dependents-family-tax-cre...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You do not get a separate payment for a dependent. The credit for your dependents was subtracted from the total amount of tax that you owed, so you owed less because of the dependents.

Look at your Form 1040. The credit for other dependents is on Form 1040 line 19. It's not necessarily $500 for each dependent. The amount depends on your total tax.

Also look at the Dependents section in the middle of the first page of your Form 1040. The last column on the right is for the credit for other dependents. If the box in that column is checked for each dependent, then you got the credit.

Thank you for responding. I couldn't access the tax document after I filed. I never saw it. I didn't owe the amount it said I would be receiving. Chatting with TurboTax did not help. The ai chat did not give me access to the file. Also, found no way to call by searching for a number on here and a Google search got me to a number but there wasn't any response.

@KB224 

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2023 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

You may have multiple TurboTax accounts.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for viewing all of your accounts - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/many-intuit-accounts-...

Thank you, so much. I will check into these solutions. 

Much appreciation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies