If you were without insurance for two consecutive months only, the program will automatically enter the exemption.
Short coverage gap (code “B”).
You generally can claim a coverage exemption for yourself or another member of your tax household for each month of a gap in coverage of less than 3 consecutive months. If an individual had more than one short coverage gap during the year, the individual is exempt only for the month(s) in the first gap. If an individual had a gap of 3 months or more, the individual isn't exempt for any of those months.
For example, if an individual had coverage for every month in the year except February and March, the individual is exempt for those 2 months. However, if an individual had cover-age for every month in the year except February, March, and April, the individual isn't exempt for any of those months.
An individual is treated as having coverage for any month in which he or she has coverage for at least 1 day of the month.
Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:
1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.
1. Sign in to TurboTax Online if you're not already signed in.
2. Select Help (the "question mark" bubble) in the upper-right corner, and then Contact us.
3. Enter your question, select Continue, and then follow the onscreen instructions to call us, get a callback, or schedule a call (options vary depending on your question).
Free Edition (without PLUS): When you select Talk to a specialist, you'll be asked to add PLUS benefits first.
In TurboTax Online, you can erase your return and start from scratch as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered.
1. If you haven't already done so, sign in at TurboTax.com and select the blue Take me to my return button.
2. On the welcome back screen, in the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then select Clear & Start Over (click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.
4. After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.
5. If you're signed in under last year's login, we'll automatically transfer last year's info over if you select the PLUS upgrade, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed. Federal Free Edition (without PLUS) does not include the year-over-year transfer feature.
If you can't Clear & Start Over after you've registered, and it's convenient, consider opening a new account under a new username. Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
Still have questions?Make a post