Cost of filing a State return - I thought one was free

So I finally finish my taxes... fed was fine, but at the VERY END of the process with the State return, TT Premium charged me $19.99!

Was this in the fine print somewhere? I thought the software included one State return? Or does those mean doing a return but not filing it? Either way, it struck me as a bit sneaky. No?

The $19.99 is an efiling fee. One state is included in your desktop version. You can prepare and mail it in for free. Or efile with the fee. See product details below.

CD/desktop tax products

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I figured as much (and I see in the product info that the E-file expense is sort of buried by way of an asterisk.
The software sort of leads you into E-filing for State as if there is no other choice (which is why I thought it seemed sneaky).

It's my fault. Last year I did print it out and file (for free). Oh well. Maybe next year.