Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Comment about forced migration from Mint to Credit Karma

I am posting here because I can't find any other means to contact Intuit. I have used and loved Mint for over a decade. Now I've been forced to migrate to Credit Karma, and it's absolutely useless. I can't find any transaction details, I can't find any bank accounts, I can't combine my husband's accounts with mine as I did in Mint. Mint was a very intuitive and complete budgeting app. CK is no substitute. What a huge disappointment.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

You're not alone; a lot of users are sorry to see it go.

Coxwain

I can't find any free alternative to Mint.
I want a place where my transactions for all accounts will sync with.
All assets and Liabilities will sync.
I can set up a net worth that is mostly dynamic with some static assets/liabilities like real estate and estate taxes etc.

I would be willing to pay to keep my Mint account open.

I agree. I would be willing to pay to keep Mint. Of course, even if they brought it back, my previous data is gone. Such a huge disappointment!

JLR5
Level 2

I agree re Credit Karma.  Program is useless for tracking year to date expenses and printing reports.  I feel like Intuit misled us about its capabilities.  Probably going to switch to Empower for expense tracking.  CK fails miserably.

Yes! We were totally misled by Intuit. Very deceitful.

JLR5
Level 2

Try personalcapital.com now empower.  It has all the features you are looking for.  

Big mistake to force this on to all of us with no way to go back.  I migrated stupidly to CK when i got the  notification, now it is being held open until the end of March.  LET ME GO BACK!!!!

Mint advertises itself as the #1 most downloaded personal finance app.  WHY TAKE IT AWAY.  It was great!

I hear Empower is a great free alternative.  Though you CANNOT from my understanding import mint data into it.  You'd be starting over. 

I'm playing with Quicken Simplifi as a paid alternative ($48/yr but y1 is free for mint switchers).  You can import mint data but it's account by account and if you already switched to credit karma without realizing the implication (like me :((((( ) then you're screwed because the data you can import is all one file, not separated by account.  

I'm contemplating just starting over with one of the two of these options.  Good luck.  I'm disappointed as much as you are.  Intuit - you are terrible to rip the rug out from loyal users as you have.  At least let me switch back until you shut me off.  CK is awful.  I dont even have a net worth button at the top, i have to manually know the address to go to. 

JLR5
Level 2

I was able to import all of my bank and credit card transactions for 2023 into quicken simplifi by just importing directly from the accounts (not mint or CK).  Goodbye and good riddance to CK.

Empower is exactly what I need.  I encourage anyone looking to track net worth, and transactions to check it out.  It doesn't do budget categories, but will track monthly spending.  This is basically exactly what I used Mint for.  See ya CK and intuit.  I'm out.

I'm so glad.  It imported history for you too? 

No history... but I'm ok with that going forward.  

I'm now on a search to replace Credit Karma as I find it useless for budgeting, reporting, etc.  Just found this article on NYT:  https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/11/your-money/mint-budgeting-app-alternatives.html?unlocked_article_...

Mozeltoff

Totally agree-Loved MINT being so user friendly.

Hate this move-totally socks.

Going to need serious help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies