Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sn0wphish

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

Your reply will not work because "Select 2020 next to Gain/Loss Calculator." does not exist.  What's next?

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

Please fix this!! Coinbase is a partner and TT Premier says it would work. Follow through and fix it please!

isaacchiu

I have the same problems.

Intuit -- please actually check the Coinbase CSV like the users here said and fix the problem, instead of replying with the same out of date FAQ.

There is no gain loss calculator there. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We are currently looking into this situation and will continue to monitor this thread closely.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JGLU
Level 2

I followed the instructions, still not accepting the file.

JGLU
Level 2

so in order for this to work, i need "Windows Comma Separated" (.csv)  I have csv mackintosh csv comma delimited csv utf-8 comma delimited but not the "Windows Comma Separated" (.csv)

JGLU
Level 2

I have tried the format both ways and neither works,  I have my report from coinbase but its not accepting the formats you are putting down here

JGLU
Level 2

I would love to know the name

ryanw517
Returning Member

Just adding my name to the list of users who are trying to upload their .csv doc from coinbase only to get an error message. 

Please fix this issue so I can get on with filing my taxes. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We take your concern very seriously and wish to help address this. As stated above, if you experience issues downloading, please contact Coinbase directly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsure TurboTax understands English. We have no problem downloading the file. The problem is that the file, even in CSV, is not formatted for your system read. Even changing the headers does not work. Please quit giving the blanket response. I guess like others we will find a tax software provider who can have their system work properly.

TURBO TAX NEEDS TO FIX THIS ISSUE.  I AM PAYING OVER $100 FOR TURBOTAX AND THEY WANT ME TO DO THEIR JOB FOR THEM.  I WILL NOT BE USING TURBOTAX IN THE FUTURE AND I WILL USE FREETAXUSA INSTEAD.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention.

It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program.

The team is currently investigating this issue, and working on a resolution. 

Please monitor this thread as we will advise of the update once it is live for everyone. 

archmann

You are not an expert. You are a just BOT.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies