Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

I don't have thousands of dollars to risk in the crypto markets. I'm a small trader, slowly accumulating by scalping. I have over 3000 trades and it's almost impossible to figure out how much I sold and the proceeds. Sometimes I DCA, sometimes I buy and sell within minutes. It's really hard to be able to fit all the numbers in the column headers turbotax wants. Usually I file for free, but now I have to pay for the premier package to report crypto and on top of that I'm supposed to pay +$100 to some other tax service so they format everything for me!? That's BS and it basically eats up all my gains for the year. Then what's the point!?

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

this FAQ link just goes to an "access denied" page.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If you are unable to upload the csv file using the FAQ above, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had to pay $79.99 for accointing.com

If you have 500 transactions or less I suggest checking out the site. Hopefully, I don't get flagged for trying to be helpful. 😅Capture2.JPG

The website says I don't have access to that page

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Which page are you referring to?

@pactx

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I simply went to cointracker website. you can import 100 transactions from coinbase or any other exchange that you use for free. anything over 100 then you have to pay 79 bucks license fee for the year. since turbo tax has not fixed the issue yet on the importing CSV. I went to cointracker.info logged into my account that i forgot that i had and then imported my transactions from my csv file. like turbo tax should already have been able to do but they do not have it fixed yet. 

thank god i had 99 transactions on coinbase. so i was able to do this for free. check it out

someguy123
Returning Member

How do I get a CSV file from Coinbase? - TurboTax
That link that support has pasted multiple times now goes to an access denied page. Done on purpose I assume to frustrate people.

yes...Yes...YES!!!!

Same problem here. Ended up paying for CoinTracker :(

Made millions trading crypto. Spent it all on tax software LOL

did cointracker actually worked for you?

It is ridiculous that Turbotax is not able to fix something as simple as some file headers, just hire a kid from Fiverr to do it for God's sake.

Just adding another voice to this.  please address

I ended up using bitcoin.tax which is $40 but it is 100% compatible with Turbotax, it will generate a file for you.

https://bitcoin.tax/blog/turbotax-online-bitcoin-tax-crypto-import-8949/

bamm76

How did you import it into turbotax? I found the cryptocurrency section under forms inturbotax, but how did you import the csv file from Cointracker?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies