Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cd version turbotax Premier 2022 in not linking to the correct Premier 2021 return. How do establish the correct link

I am using the CD version of Turbotax Premier 2022. I used Turbotax Premier 2021 last year. Turbotax 2022 is not picking up the correct 2021 return. The 2021 file is in the my Documents folder as is the 2022 return. How can I make the link to the 2021 return?  All returns are .tax2022 and .tax 2021

thank you.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Cd version turbotax Premier 2022 in not linking to the correct Premier 2021 return. How do establish the correct link

From the main page......look for the "Browse" button to navigate to it.

or

From the main startup page select from the top menu:

<File<<New Tax Return

....and again, look for the blue "Browse" button

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Is it possible to do this from my 2022 return that I have put data into already and have saved?  I really would not like to start over if possible. 

Thank you.

Sorry no.  You can only transfer 2021 into a new blank return.  If you want to try transferring another 2021 file go up to File-New.  If you already started 2022 and don't want to start over you can enter any 2021 info you need manually as you go along.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies