coollala71-gmail

Can we find out how to get my recovery check

I filed with turbo tax did not know I could file it on turbo tax please help me
HelenC12

You'll need to file an amended income tax return to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit. You'll need to wait for the IRS to finish processing your current income tax return. 

At this time, you're not able to  amend a 2020 income tax return. As of today, it's estimated that the IRS will finalize the 1040X form on 3/26/2021. However check the forms availability to see any updates to that date. 

Generally, Form 1040-X,  Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, must be filed within three years of the date the original return was filed, or within two years of the date the tax was paid, whichever is later.

NCperson

what are you trying to do? 

if you didn't get what is owed to you from the 1st two stimulus checks, it will reconcile itself by filing a 2020 tax return.

if you didn't get the 3rd stimulus check,  as long as you filed 2019, you should get it shortly.  Not all stimulus payments have been sent out yet.  if you still don't get it, it will reconcile itself on your 2021 tax return.

a 'recovery credit' is any missing stimulus.  it is not something separate.