Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't upload form 1099B for Interactive Brokers. I have enabled the 3rd party & it errors out. States there isn't data to upload. Not true. I'm told it is TB Tax issue.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Can't upload form 1099B for Interactive Brokers. I have enabled the 3rd party & it errors out. States there isn't data to upload. Not true. I'm told it is TB Tax issue.

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6636354

Hi Critter#2. I did enable Turbo Tax as a 3rd party through Interactive Brokers. I was given a Query ID and a Token. I enter that information in Turbo Tax and it errors out. It states there isn't any information to upload. This is wrong, as I have a 1099B at Interactive Brokers. I believe it is a Turbo Tax issue. Please advise as I don't know what to do next. I have tried it several times and it fails each time. Thanks!

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>
greg6

Can't upload form 1099B for Interactive Brokers. I have enabled the 3rd party &amp; it errors out. States there isn't data to upload. Not true. I'm told it is TB Tax issue.

I had the same issue.  After contacting Interactive Brokers, what worked for me was to revert my IB account to the "classic" Account Management interface and then enable Turbo Tax as a third party.  After I did that, the new Query ID and Token worked.  I don't recall how to switch to classic AM so you may have to contact IB for help with that.

Can't upload form 1099B for Interactive Brokers. I have enabled the 3rd party &amp; it errors out. States there isn't data to upload. Not true. I'm told it is TB Tax issue.

In 2020 after talking to IBKR, the APIs are mislabelled in TurboTax.  Enter the Query ID in the Token String field and vice versa for the Token String.    

I switched them but still did not work.

Is there someone from TurboTax moderating these discussions? These kind of bugs should not happen in the first place.

My problem was resolved by now. Some detail to share , hopefully to help some folks with same problem.

After I manually typed in the Query ID and token, it worked to import from Interactive Brokers. However, if I copy and paste these numbers from Interactive Brokers to TurboTax, it failed to import complaining about "minimum one character required, etc".

Obviously, the error message is misleading and confusing, since the number on the screen looks fine.

It is a turbotax bug which does not handle/process the "pasted" numbers correctly.

WILLIAMHHARRISON
Returning Member

After much frustration, I read the posts in this thread, then pasted the token and query into what I thought were the opposite fields.  Then I read the labels to the fields more carefully and they were correct.  The confusion is that the Interactive Broker site shows the Token first and the Query second, while the TurboTax program shows the Query first and the Token second.  Copying and Pasting worked fine once I got this straight.

Still a lot of needless irritation, but made sense after the fact.

This worked for me.

Function

The problem for me was that the wrong account was selected when I went to account settings. Double check you're accessing the token and query for the correct account!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies