Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Padre Pablo
Returning Member

Can't properly add new LLC members

I am using Turbotax Business 2022. We added some new members to the LLC last year, and when I am trying to add them the two boxes "This is member's first year as a member" and "The member left the company this year" automatically are checked and I cannot uncheck them to put in what their investment was. I can't figure out why that might be.

There was a previous post on this, but I don't see that it got resolved. Any insight here?

Thanks!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Are you entering the information for the new partners on the screen shown below?

Untitled.png

You might want to delete the partners you added and then try adding them again in Forms Mode.

Padre Pablo
Returning Member

Yes, this is the screen. When I add a member, the two middle boxes are automatically checked and can't be unchecked.

Can you delete the newly added members in Step-by-Step and then try adding them again in Forms Mode?

Padre Pablo
Returning Member

What form might that be? I am having trouble finding the proper form.

The K-1 Worksheet.

Padre Pablo
Returning Member

The same issues happens in the K-1 Worksheet. In there, the boxes for Initial and Final are both checked, and I cannot uncheck them. Do I need to move to another tax prep software?

Have you checked the information entered in Business Info>>About Your Business to ensure you did not indicate this was the final return? Also, have you checked each member (Partner/Member Information) to ensure the program is not showing that one or more members left the LLC?

Of course, you are free to move to another tax prep program but, again, I cannot reproduce the result you are seeing and that typically indicates an erroneous entry somewhere in the program.

You can also try contacting Support as they should absolutely be able to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies