Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't Login To Fidelity Account

I can't login to my Fidelity account. When I enter my password and try to get the forms, it says I need to enter info into the password field.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You would need to contact Fidelity here for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why would I need to contact them? I'm entering my login details into the login form (which is either their form embedded or your own form) and once done, I go to click "Get my form" which is a button on your website. When I click that, it says "This field is required" on the password field which I have filled in. Pretty sure this isn't Fidelity's problem and at the very least if it is, you should be able to report the bug to your partners to have them fix something impacting their external logins. To be clear, I'm not having a problem remembering my account details. I have entered the exact same things into Fidelity's site and logged in.

verte200

I'm having the same exact issue right now. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you confirmed with Fidelity that your documents are ready?  Some Fidelity users have reported that longer passwords cause an issue with importing into TurboTax. If you have a longer password with Fidelity you may want to consider changing it temporarily to a shorter password then try to import again. 

@verte200

I shortened my password in the entry box and it worked this year. Whether this is a Fidelity issue or not, TurboTax should escalate with them as it prevents users from properly linking their Fidelity account.

Same issue still happening today after several updates.  Fidelity has no issue as my credentials work fine at their site.  Using Turbo Tax Premier

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You would want to make sure you are entering the correct password and make sure you have granted third-party access for TurboTax to import. I have provided some helpful FAQ links below. If you are still having issues after reviewing these, please reach back out here and let us know:

What if I can't import my 1099?

How do I import my 1099s?

How do I enter a large number of stock transactions in TurboTax Online?

@Tax-WornOut

Hi @TiffanyL ,

Fidelity Investments (Olivia), has indicated the following:

"Thank you for that information.

I do apologize but with the NetBenefits website you do not have the ability to upload tax documents directly. You will need to download from the website and upload to Turbo Tax separately.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you, I can put in a customer comment to hopefully get this updated for the future."

So, the listing of Fidelity Investments as a partner for downloading tax documents is not accurate.  They do not support this feature.  There is no way around it.  There is nothing wrong with people's access credentials.  Fidelity will look into adding this feature, most likely will not be available for this year.  Maybe next year?  This is something that Turbo Tax will need to coordinate with them.

I managed to get this working this year, the solution was to enter only the first 20 characters of my password. They do support this, it's just that the login is really messed up. Whether that login portal is embedded by Fidelity or talks to Fidelity auth from Intuit is besides the point. If my team gets a software bug and it's due to some external program, we transfer the bug to the external team. If this isn't an Intuit bug, please follow up with Fidelity to resolve the problem.

I got them to acknowledge the issue but I doubt this is something they can easily change. External teams would definitely at least add pressure on them for a workaround.

Hi @kurtd5105 ,

Thanks for the feedback.  In my case it is not the password length that it is the issue.  Mine is less than 20 characters.  I also changed the password to ensure that I had the most updated one, and the same issue happen.  The Turbo Tax interface shows an error indicating that my login credentials are incorrect.  Double checked, triple checked, to no avail.  As per my posting, officially, Fidelity Investments does not support direct  downloading of tax forms via third party apps.  I will let Intuit and Fidelity figure it out.  If you need me to test it out, let me know.

Thanks.

I am having the same issue when I go to the import financial institution tax forms last year. 

I select Fidelity.  The when asked, I enter my user ID and password.  But TurboTax has an issue login into Fidelity. 

However, when I go in and change the default BROWSER to Microsoft Edge; then retry, my login to Fidelity is successful and my Fidelity tax forms are imported.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies