Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yltt
Returning Member

Can't import 1099 from Broker (No browser pop-up)

I am using the TurboTax Deluxe desktop software (not the web version) on Windows 10, and I am trying to import my 1099s from my financial institutions/brokers. However, I get stuck on this step that says "We'll open a tab in your default browser to get started..." where I click OK and no windows pop up. (See below)

turbotax.png

I have tried using the following default browsers:

- Chrome

- Firefox

- Microsoft Edge

I click "OK" and absolutely nothing happens, no windows open.

I have tried importing from different brokers both Charles Schwab and Fidelity. The same thing happens.

Any idea what's going on?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

This happens occasionally.

You indicate you’ve tried several browsers.  Try clearing your browser's cache and deleting your cookies, then see if you can continue where you left off.  See the TurboTax Help articles How to clear your cache and How do I delete cookies? for guidance.

If this isn't helpful, see the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

yltt
Returning Member

After calling tech support and trying various solutions, none of it worked, so I ended up manually entering my data. If anyone else is having issues, here are some other suggestions that tech support gave me:

- Changing the screen resolution

- Logging out/logging back in

- Uninstalling/Reinstalling

The cookies/cache clearing didn't help either.

It's strange, because opening browsers from TurboTax itself works. For example, if I click a Help link in the software, a new tab opens no issue. It only doesn't work when I try to open a window during the import process.

Oh well, it's disappointing, but I ended up spending more time trying to fix this than just entering my own data, so I won't be spending more time on this. The main reason I bought TurboTax is for more convenient importing options, but now I know at least for me, it won't be worth it next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies