turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

buckeye5

Can't file electronically when I have Tax Exempt intrest with 'VARIOUS' cusip from multiple states. I have been able to file electronically in the past. Why?

I don't wish to print and mail if at all possible
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Can't file electronically when I have Tax Exempt intrest with 'VARIOUS' cusip from multiple states. I have been able to file electronically in the past. Why?

Perhaps in the previous years, your broker provided state information within their attached reports.

Another possibility is that, at the screen Tell us more about your exempt-interest dividends, you selected Multiple states as the drop-down box option.

See also this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@buckeye5    @JamesG1 

Box 14 on a 1099-INT form ?

In the software, if it's for more than one bond...then you just leave box 14 blank on the software form.  Go back adn take out "various" from box 14 of any 1099-INT forms you entered.

(TTX is pretty bad in not indicating that next to or under box 14 .  Only using the desktop software in Forms mode, does one see that instruction)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies