Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

richkamo
Returning Member

Can't file - Check This Entry will not accept the information

Check This Entry is asking me to enter a Date Acquired for a certain purchase on a 1099-B. On the form, the value for Date Acquired is "Various". TurboTax will not accept this, nor will it accept any date tried, or just an empty box. I therefore cannot file my taxes and I have already paid their filing fee. PLEASE HELP

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
richkamo
Returning Member

Can't file - Check This Entry will not accept the information

Got mine to file! 

I was getting this error with all transactions that were automatically imported from M1 Finance. To fix it, I removed the automatically imported M1 Finance info completely, and re-entered the information manually. BUT - instead of entering in each sale one by one, I chose to enter sales totals, which was just 1 line on my 1099-B. This ended up allowing me to report the same amount of gains/losses, without the line-by-line details that were causing the issue. When I entered the sales totals amount (proceeds & cost basis totals), it did not require me to enter any dates acquired. After doing this I was able to get it to pass the Federal Review and allow me to file. Hope this helps others.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies