turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

can't e-file

Nope!

I un-installed and re-installed Turbo Tax Delux 2019, then updated but problem is still there. My e-file didn't go through, the same error.

TurboTax2019-Error.jpg

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

can't e-file

Please see the FAQ for assistance: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-desktop-windows-update-loop-at-e-file/00/...

We apologize for any inconvenience this experience has caused and we are working diligently to help the returns get filed. On the above FAQ there is a link "here" that you can click on to receive an update once this has been corrected. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

can't e-file

Problem solved !!!

After spending 30 minutes with TT Tech Support.

All I had to do:

- Right click mouse on TurboTax icon

- Run as Administrator

- Update TT 2019

- Wait till update complete.

- Open your tax return

That's it.

can't e-file

I had the same problem and after hours of frustration, including a phone call with Turnbotax, I found that the best way to insure all updates are installed is to use the manual update and installation.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-soft[product ke... for individual,  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-business-software/00/25794 for business

can't e-file

I have been getting the same message for 4 days now...Still no update but the software insists  I need one before I can e-file. ANYONE from support got an idea? Usually I wait on the Feds to send the return-Now I am waiting on TT.

can't e-file

@Steve1044 This is the solution that worked for me! Thank you so much!

can't e-file

Manual update did not help my situation. 

can't e-file

Sorry to hear that.  The manual update solved my problem after trying several other things first.  I recommend anyone with the CD product on a PC try the manual update first.  Uninstalling and reinstalling screwed up my state product so that I had to switch PCs.  Maybe you'll get lucky and the manual update will fix it for you right away:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-soft[product ke...

can't e-file

I am at a complete lost myself as I spent countless hours doing various troubleshooting that was given both by tech support and the online posts by various people.   I am not sure if it is an issue filing federal and state or just one of them. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

can't e-file

We apologize for any inconvenience this experience has caused and we are working diligently to help the returns get filed. In the above article, there is a link "here" that you can click on to receive an update once this has been corrected. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."  

"There is an update available for your version of TurboTax" loop when e-filing (Windows)  

can't e-file

For the State of Missouri can we file the Federal now, and then file the State when it becomes avail?  If not can I just the Federal?  How do I go about getting the $20 refund that I already paid to e-file State and just print/mail State return

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

can't e-file

Yes. If you already started a state return, you can delete it as long as you haven't paid for it yet (or registered your free version with the state attached).

If you plan to eventually file a state return, just not right now, you can skip it and file only your federal return. However, if you wish to e-file your state, you'll be able to do so only after your e-filed federal return has been accepted.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

rtaylormd

can't e-file

I'm in Ohio.  Same problem and your link is only for NY and MA.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

can't e-file

To best resolve this issue, please click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue. If you see a message that says "We can't find an answer to your issue", please click the "Try Something Else" drop down. Once you fill out the form you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care.  

nebula9
Returning Member

can't e-file

Im having the same problem with Home and Business too.

Got email from Turbo saying the form is now updated, but it still shows not ready in the program and it says I have the latest updated software. What a joke this company is becoming

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies