turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't change email address?

I posted a question to the Community and received confirmation emails to an address that is not in my TurboTax profile.  Frankly, I have no idea where they got this email address unless it used to me on my tax profile a LONG time ago.  I accessed my profile in the community but there is nowhere to change the email address.  Help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I change my TurboTax account email?

Changing your email address yourself saves time. Here's how to do it:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Online account.
  2. Select Intuit Account in the lower left corner.
  3. On the Welcome! screen, select Sign in & security.
  4. Select Email address, enter your new email address, confirm it and enter your password.
  5. Select Save and you’re done.

If you no longer have access to your email address and are unable to login to your TurboTax Online account, please complete the Account Recovery Request Submission Form.

View solution in original post

You might want to contact TurboTax Support, they can help you update your email address.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

View solution in original post

7 Replies

How do I change my TurboTax account email?

Changing your email address yourself saves time. Here's how to do it:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Online account.
  2. Select Intuit Account in the lower left corner.
  3. On the Welcome! screen, select Sign in & security.
  4. Select Email address, enter your new email address, confirm it and enter your password.
  5. Select Save and you’re done.

If you no longer have access to your email address and are unable to login to your TurboTax Online account, please complete the Account Recovery Request Submission Form.

Thank you for replying.  Your answer addresses how to change my TurboTax account's email address.  I can see how to do that and the email listed is the correct one.  However, once I pose a question to the community from TurboTax, I am in a differently branded site of "Turbo" (no tax).  A confirmation of my posted question is emailed to an address other than the one in my TurboTax account.  I access my profile on that site (Turbo) and there is no where to change the email address.

You might want to contact TurboTax Support, they can help you update your email address.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

I have tried to log in and they have the wrong email and my phone number is [phone number removed] 

The one that was shown is not mine ever 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Toddmarron

If you no longer have access to your email address or phone number and can't access your accounts, fill out this form. Change Form

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have this same problem. From everywhere I can find, it has the correct email address. Today, however, I posted in one of these communities and I got an email to my old email address. I still have access to it of course, I just don't know where within intuit it still has a pointer to this old address. It's frustrating!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies