Can somebody help me understand why my 2019 taxes ...

santosj2495

Can somebody help me understand why my 2019 taxes were all accurate but still rejected on the state and federal level despite the fact that little has changed in my life?

For some reason my taxes were rejected every time I tried to submit them online, and then rejected when they were mailed in despite being told the only way they could be accepted was if I mailed them in. Someone please help me understand what happened here.

When your returns were rejected you received an email with a rejection message or rejection code.  We cannot see the email that you received so we do not know why your return was rejected.  One of the most common reasons is incorrect AGI.  If you entered the wrong 2018 AGI that would cause the IRS to reject the return.  If the federal return is rejected, the state is also rejected.  

Mailed returns are not rejected.  So what do you mean by that?  What happened to your mailed returns?  Why do you say they were rejected?

fanfare

If you did not sign your paper forms, IRS will send it back to you for signature.

The states probably work the same way.