Here are few examples of why you'd get a non-work 1099-MISC:
- Lawsuit settlement
- Prize winnings
- Board of director's fee
- Manufacturer's incentive payment
- Working interest in gas and oil property
If you got a 1099-MISC for one of these reasons or another non-work situation, then we'll help you enter it. Here's what to do:
- Type “1099-misc” in the search box (upper right of program)
- Select the “Jump to” link.
- This will take you to the 1099-MISC entry screen.
- Enter your information from your form into the corresponding box. (Note: if you don’t see your box number, check the box “my form has other info in boxes 1-18.” By doing this, the other boxes on the form will open.)
Continue and answer the follow-up questions about your 1099-MISC income.
NOTE: There are two
places in TurboTax to enter 1099-MISC and you want to enter your 1099-MISC
under Other Common Income, not Self-Employment