IHSS (In-Home Support Services) still mails me a W-2 even thought it is non-taxable. I care for my disabled son. I would like to file my taxes to get my refund reporting the 2014-7 excludable income. If I do so, can my daughter claim my husband and I as dependents since she she supports us. I do not make enough with IHHS to support myself nor my husband (retired).
The requirements to claim someone as a dependent involve the following:
- You live in her home for the entire year
- Your daughter provides over half of your support
- You can't be filing a joint return with your spouse
- You made less than $4,200 in 2019
- You are a US Citizen, resident, national or a resident of Canada or Mexico
Please see the following link for more details.
If you meet all of the requirements above, you daughter should be able to claim you as a dependent on her return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"