Solved: Can I upgrade my TT Deluxe copy that I purchased a...

Can I upgrade my TT Deluxe copy that I purchased at Costco to Premier after I installed the Deluxe version?

Yes you can do that.  When you are using the software you will notice an "upgrade" button on the tool bar at the top and you will be charged for the difference in price.

BUT......

You appear to be posting from online software instead of the desktop CD/download software that the license code is for.  If you are using online, you are using the wrong program.  You need to switch to the desktop software to get what you paid for.  You have to download it, update it and open it up from your own hard drive to use it. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

BUT......

If you purchased desktop Deluxe from Costco and installed the software on your computer, it can handle all the usual forms, and can do everything that desktop Premier can do.   Desktop Premier has a bit more help and guidance, but both versions prepare the same forms.

However, as xmasbaby0 wondered, are you using Online TurboTax by mistake instead of the Deluxe desktop software?  Online Deluxe is not fully-featured, and cannot prepare some forms, as opposed to desktop Deluxe which is fully-featured.   So it is possible that Online Deluxe might require one to upgrade to Online Premier if you continue using the online product.

So if you were using Online Deluxe, and decide to go back to your desktop Deluxe from Costco, you may find that you no longer need to upgrade to Premier, unless you just want the additional help and guidance.

Thanks.  I am definitely using the software, not online.  I submitted the question from an online support tool I suppose. 

Why do you want to upgrade? Desktop Deluxe has all the same forms as Premier.  Maybe we can help you enter something.