noelbernice26

Can I still file or do I wait until its ready when your State forms are not ready. I don't understand what this means

Your California return is currently unavailable to print or download because some of the tax forms aren't ready for processing. You can preview the returns and sign up to get notified as soon as the tax forms are ready.

Irene2805

No - TurboTax won't let you file your state return before the forms are ready.  It will prevent e-filing, and if you try to file a paper return, it will  print the forms with a DO NOT FILE watermark on the pages.

When the forms are finalized, you will have to open up your return in TurboTax and file the return then.

Irene2805

Certain Federal and State forms have not yet been finalized.  If your return contains one of these forms you will not be able to file your return until the form is finalized.  This pertains to both e-filed and paper returns.

For current information on forms availability please click on the applicable link below:

TurboTax Online (TTO)

TTO automatically updates the website when the forms become available.

TurboTax CD/Download
You will be prompted to download updates when you open the program.  You can also update the program while you have it open by following these steps:

1. Click on the Online link in the black bar at the top of the page.  
  2. Click on Check for Updates.
  3. TurboTax will download and install any updates available.  If there aren't any updates, you will receive the message "Your software is up to date."

noelbernice26

Thank you!

noelbernice26

I do have one more question?  If I go ahead and file, dose Turbo tax send in the file when available?  Sorry for the follow up question

Irene2805