Yes, you can still E-File. Please see directions below on how to do so:
As long as you have
not already mailed in your return you can go back into TurboTax and choose to
efile your return.
You changed your mind, and want to e-file your tax return(s) instead of printing and mailing. As long as you haven't already mailed your 2016 paper return, you can switch to the e-filing method (through October 17, 2017). Some states now require e-filing their returns, and federal and state returns must be e-filed together.
On the other hand, if you already mailed your return, don't e-file. This can cause problems with the government, including refund delays.
If you wish to change how you'll file your taxes in TurboTax, follow the steps below for either the TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download version.
There are options before filing to save a PDF file you can use later to view and print the tax return (Adobe Reader or equivalent is required for viewing and printing).Change to e-file your return in TurboTax Online versions
Remember, before saving or printing your return, any charges or fees must be paid for.
In TurboTax Online versions, these steps will change how you'll file your tax return(s).
- In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
- From the Welcome home box on the left, Click on Visit My Tax Timeline below the Download/print return button.
- Under SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO click on Add a state. (You are not adding a state to your return. By choosing this option it will allow us to open up your return.)
- Click on the File tab across the top below the Search option.
- On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
- Click the Start button to the right of Step 3.
- This will navigate you to the Here are your filing choices screen, click I'd like to change filing methods.
- Change your filing method to E-file and click Save.
- Click Continue and follow the onscreen prompts to efile your return.
Have a great evening!