`

Can i file taxes now and file again at a later date to claim my son as a dependent once i have his social# and still get my full refund?

My son was born May 1, 2016 and we have not received his social security number. My question is, can I file my taxes and receive my refund and file again at a later date to claim my dependent and receive the rest of my refund. Or do I have to wait until I have his social# and file altogether to receive my full refund?

It would be best for you to wait and file once you have his SSN# to eliminate the extra steps from having to do an amendment and then waiting for any additional refund to come to you via mail.