herbertscohen

Can I file my 2018 federal and state taxes for free using Turbo Tax? I only have an SSA1099 and a w-2.

not responsive to question

bluedeb

Not for free.  You cannot prepare a 2018 return with the Online version.  The Online version is only to prepare the current tax return, which is 2019.

To file a 2018 return with TurboTax you need to download the 2018 Desktop software.  Prior year returns cannot be e-filed with TurboTax, they must be mailed.

You can purchase the 2018 TurboTax CD/Download software which is available at at the following website

past-years' taxes page

bluedeb

past-years' taxes page

KatrinaB48

Unfortunately, you cannot file a prior year return for free in TurboTax Online since the filing deadline has passed. You'll need to purchase and download the TurboTax software for PC or Mac. TurboTax Online and the mobile app are only available for the current tax year. Prior year returns must also be paper-filed, as e-filing is no longer available.