turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdhester

Can I file form 1040-SR ON turbotax?

What will it cost to file 1040-SR?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Form 1040SR is the form you automatically get if you were 65 or older at the end of 2019.  There is no extra fee for that tax return form.  It is the same as the Form 1040; the print is just bigger.

Yes if you were 65 or older your return will be on a Form 1040SR.  Your TurboTax fee will depend, as always, on what version of the software you use, not what tax form you file on.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Ok... the TT program can handle the new 1040-SR  which by the way is EXACTLY  the same as the 1040 this year ... the ONLY difference is the font size, background color (that TT doesn't print)  and the fact that they added a standard exemption chart to the bottom of the first page ... LOOK at them side by side and have a good laugh.

And there is NO cost difference between the 2 forms. 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

Stuart Warshauer
Returning Member

I am asking the same question. TurboTax has printed out both Form 1040 and Form 1040-SR for me. Turbo-tax says that I owe the Form 1040 amount. However, 1040-SR would save me $1,240. I sure would like to save the money!!?? What do I do??

There is NO WAY the program will or can produce a 1040 & a 1040-SR at the same time ... those forms are identical except for the font size ... so look again ...  did you make some changes and are now seeing a different form ?   Did you change your year of birth ?   If so the EIC may now be denied if you are over the age of 64 so even if you did file the wrong return it would be rejected.    

Did not get my 1400 stimulus on 7th. On my direct express card for ss   said file this for missing stimulus

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I am attaching a TurboTax Help article for your reference:  Where is my 3rd stimulus?

As far as your TurboTax card, please read here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/  ( Please also read FAQs)

You can check the status of your payment through the IRS Get My Payment site.  The IRS will mail you a letter within 15 days of disbursing your stimulus payment. It’ll tell you how it was made and report any errors. You can also check your recent transactions online to see if your payment was added to your account.

@Halieangel1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies