proud-mom-23

Can I claim misc. fees reported to me by Scottrade Inc.?

If so, where?

DS30

It depends but if these Miscellaneous fees relate to your investment activities, you will be able to include them under the other deductible expenses section. (These deductible miscellaneous expenses are subject to a 2% AGI limitation and are only deductible if you itemize.).

You will need to go the Federal Taxes>Deductions and Credits>I'll choose what I work on (or jump to full list)> scroll down to section  - other deductions and credits > other deductible expenses- select start or update

• Generation-Skipping Taxes - select "no"
  • Less Common Expenses - select "yes"
  • Enter your additional investment expenses here (see attached screenshot)

DS30

• Less Common Expenses - select "yes"
Bsch4477

You can only deduct misc expenses if the total of them is greater than 2% of our AGI.