1944effiesims

Can I claim Head of Household if I am the caregiver for my dementia 96 year old mother who receive $14,407 SSA

and a 1099R retirement no Federal Income tax withheld

No ... she must be a dependent to claim HOH and if the retirement is more than $4300 in box 1 you cannot claim her.  

See publication 501.  
https://www.irs.gov/publications/p501#en_US_2020_publink1000220823

You must claim your parent as a dependent, and to do that, they must have less than $4300 of taxable income (the 1099-R).  You must also provide more than half their total financial support.  (Non-taxable social security is not taxable income for the taxable income test, but it does count as support they provide themselves and must be included in the support test.)