turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pv1203

Can I attach footnotes to Schedule K-1 when e-filing with TurboTax Premier online version?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Can I attach footnotes to Schedule K-1 when e-filing with TurboTax Premier online version?

What type of footnotes do you need to attach? 

Generally, the information you enter from the K-1(s) you receive are dispersed throughout your personal income tax return; the K-1, itself, does not get filed with your return - you retain it for your records.

I need to explain a certain treatment.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

No, you cannot add any addendum if you intend on electronically filing.  If you file by mail, you can include additional documents, but this is NOT recommended.   What do you need to explain?    If the IRS wants further information, they will request it.    @mrKlein

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo Tax does not support Self charged interest so I wanted to point out what I did to handle it for purposes of full disclosure.

Self charged interest ???   You charged yourself for a loan to yourself ?   Please explain further.

Self charged interest is interest received or paid by a pass through entity in which you have an ownership interest.  Refer to 1.469.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies