turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bug Report - TurboTax Deluxe W-2 Employer Box C doesn't support &&

My employer name is H&N Enterprises, and I had TurboTax download my W-2 from ADP.  It imported everything but the name correctly; the name displayed as H&N Enterprises so I tried to modify it.  It only ends up worse -- as H&N ENTERPRISES  (seriously!) multiple attempts at editing the name give the same result.  How to report this bug? (and better -- how to fix it!!).  Using Windows 10 Home, build [removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Bug Report - TurboTax Deluxe W-2 Employer Box C doesn't support &

@arisn wrote:

What is the solution to this?  I deleted the W2 and entered everything manually, big pain, and still didn't work.  When I re-entered my company name "AT&T SERVICES, INC" this is how it appeared in BOX C.

AT&T SERVICES, INC

The ampersand is corrupting the field.  Please advise as this is preventing from filing.

Thanks

This is a know issue and will be corrected in a future update.  For now just remove the '&' from the employer name on the W-2.  This will allow you to file your tax return.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

try deleting just the line for the name. then enter manually. if this doesn't work delete the w-2 and try manual entry.

arisn
Returning Member

What is the solution to this?  I deleted the W2 and entered everything manually, big pain, and still didn't work.  When I re-entered my company name "AT&T SERVICES, INC" this is how it appeared in BOX C.

AT&T SERVICES, INC

The ampersand is corrupting the field.  Please advise as this is preventing from filing.

Thanks

@arisn wrote:

AT&T SERVICES, INC

Thanks

This is a know issue and will be corrected in a future update.  For now just remove the '&' from the employer name on the W-2.  This will allow you to file your tax return.

arisn
Returning Member

Since I won't be entering my employer name as it appears on my W2, are you saying the IRS won't reject it?

ATT vs. AT&T

@arisn wrote:

Since I won't be entering my employer name as it appears on my W2, are you saying the IRS won't reject it?

ATT vs. AT&T

As long as the Employer Identification Number (EIN) is correct the IRS will not reject the tax return.

arisn
Returning Member

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies