NicolRey3022

Back Taxes

I have three years of back taxes i need to file. 2016, 2017 and 2018. How can I get help with this? 

JohnW152

Back Taxes

Please see the TurboTax Help article How do I prepare a 2019, 2018, or 2017 tax return? for information on how to file your prior year returns.

Despite the title, there's also instruction on filing your 2016 return.

The law gives taxpayers three years to submit a return and claim a refund. 

NicolRey3022

Back Taxes

can i have someone file this for me or do i have to do this myself? I know that it has to be mailed in. I received a Notice of Delinquency on the 2017 return which they are giving me until Feb. 22 to file that return.  When I called the IRS they told me that i need to file 2016 and 2018. 

I was also living in Delaware but working in Maryland 2016 and 2017.  is there any other forms i need to file?

KathrynG3

Back Taxes

TurboTax will file current year tax filings, but only helps while you file amended returns. However, if you filed with TurboTax and included MAX Defense, then there would be additional support available.

Yes, the prior year returns should be mailed in.

You will need Delaware and Maryland state returns for 2016 and 2017, if Maryland taxes were withheld.