turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tayyab22

After filling form 8962, Tax return says I owe more than $14000 all the premium back. I am out of job now a days. What I can do?

I missed the health care portion on my tax. IRS sent me letter to send form 8962 and form 1095-a. When I recalculated by putting form 1095-a. It says I owe IRS all the premium subsidy back. Which is more than $14000. I am out of job and can not pay this money what should I do? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After filling form 8962, Tax return says I owe more than $14000 all the premium back. I am out of job now a days. What I can do?

Send the 1095-A and the 8962 that the IRS is requesting and when they send you a bill you can get on a payment plan ... they will send you information on  how to make payments. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Send the 1095-A and the 8962 that the IRS is requesting and when they send you a bill you can get on a payment plan ... they will send you information on  how to make payments. 

tayyab22

I can not pay that kind of money $15000. I am out of job and my wife is working to pay house hold bills. How can I avoid this kind of big bill?

Read the information the IRS will send with the bill for your options.

Assuming it is accurate, there is no way to avoid it.  You will just need to set up a payment plan.

From the IRS  ....  Can't Pay Now?
  • Meet your tax obligation in monthly installments by applying for a payment plan (including installment agreement).
  • Find out if you qualify for an offer in compromise -- a way to settle your tax debt for less than the full amount
  • Request that we temporarily delay collection until your financial situation improves

https://www.irs.gov/payments

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies